Meta has added a new step to add a “Reserve” button on its Facebook/Instagram Restaurant page: All Restaurant page’s owners have to create a Facebook Business Manager account.
Go to Instagram APP in your smartphone:
I DO NOT HAVE A COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT
- Access your Instagram profile
- Access “Configuration" and select the option "Change to commercial account"
- Follow the instructions until the process is finished
CONNECT THE INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT TO FACEBOOK BUSINESS MANAGER
First, log in to your Business Facebook Manager and click on “All Tools” from the tab bar on the left
Click on “Ads Manager” and go to “Business Settings” tab with the gear icon on it
On the left menu, under Accounts section, click on “Instagram accounts” to link your IG page to your FBM
Click on “Add” and then “Connect Your Instagram Account”
Type in your IG credentials to log in
A window will pop up showing the real-time connection
Once the connection is done, you’ll be asked to confirm the linking by choosing the Ad Account. Choose the corresponding Rs Ad Account (in case they have multiple ones) and click on “Finish”
Finally, a message confirming the account has been added will appear. Now, you’re Done with the process
CONNECT THE INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT TO THEFORK
- Go on your Instagram Profile & click on Edit Profile
- Click on “Action buttons” from the shown list
- Choose “Reserve” as your action button
- Select “TheFork.com” in the list of suggested provider and click Continue.
- NB : For Spanish Rs, the brand by default to select is also “TheFork”
- You are automatically redirected to TheForkManager: insert your TheForkManager id & login to connect to your account. If you have several restaurants working with TheFork, select the one corresponding with the FB page in the list
- After processing, a list of settings will appear for you to confirm. Click on “Continue”
- Click on “Continue” to confirm the connection to TF website & wait for the booking button to be added. A message confirming “TheFork button added to profile” will finally appear.
Congrats! Your Instagram page is now configured with TheFork. The url of the booking widget has automatically been added/updated!
Watch the video below: