Meta has added a new step to add a “Reserve” button on its Facebook/Instagram Restaurant page: All Restaurant page’s owners have to create a Facebook Business Manager account.
IMPORTANT STEPS THAT ARE REQUIRED BEFORE INSTALLATION
- Restaurant needs to be admin of the restaurant page
- The restaurant page needs to be added to the Business Manager account
- If the restaurant wants to install his widget on Instagram, it needs a business account on Instagram
- To install the reserve button on instagram with the Facebook one at the same time, restaurant needs to associate Instagram to his Facebook profile
CONNECT THE FACEBOOK ACCOUNT TO THEFORK
- Log to your Restaurant’s Facebook page
- Click on “Add a button” (or “Edit Reserve” to modify the action button)
- Select “Book now” in type of Edit Page Button
- Click on “Connect Another Tool”
- Select “TheFork” in the list of suggested provider
- A page named “Connect to TheFork” appears : click on Continue. If you have several restaurants working with TheFork, select the one corresponding with the Facebook page in the list
- A pop-up window opens directly on TheForkManager: insert your TheForkManager ID & login to connect to your account
- On the window “Confirm Linking”, just click on Continue & then on Done
- Meta requires from now on having a Facebook Business Manager account. At this phase, they will ask you to link your Facebook page to the Facebook Business Manager one
- A new window will show up asking you to tap the name of the account you wish to assign to this Facebook page. This account will be registered on your Facebook Business Manager (previously created)
- Choose the corresponding business account among the choices in the list in case you own and manage several restaurant accounts
- When the logging is done, Facebook will ask you to confirm your settings. Click twice on “Continue”. And VOILA ! The linking is done
Congrats! Your Facebook page is now configured with TheFork. The url of the booking widget has automatically been added/updated !
- Add an action button to your Facebook Page
- Edit or delete your Page's action button
- Not working? See the troubleshooting page.
NB : If you first link your Facebook and Instagram profiles from your Facebook page, then adding the booking button to your Facebook page will result in it being automatically added to your Instagram account as well.
You can watch the video below: